Getting started is sometimes the hardest part of counseling. We hope to make that more comfortable for you.
It might be interesting to know that many of my clients tell me at their second session that they are “feeling better already.” Why would that be, since we haven’t even started the therapy process yet? Taking the first step on one’s behalf to feel better empowers us. I would like you to start therapy with that feeling.
Contact me and we can get started. When I return your call, we can discuss your reasons for calling in more detail if needed.
The insurances I presently take are:
• True Health
• New Mexico Health Connections
• Presbyterian Centennial Care
If you have one of these, we will be happy to bill for you.
We accept some other companies as well, so long as your policy covers out-of-network services. It would be good for you to inquire with your insurance company about this before your first session.
I also accept private pay. I can discuss rates with you when you call if you’d like.
For copays and private pay, I accept cash and credit cards, but not checks.
If you decide to do therapy with me, I want you to have the best chance of success. There are several things you can do in advance to make it more effective from the start.
• Go to the Services page. On it, you will find a list of the conditions we treat. Here you can check to see if the issue with which you are concerned is on the list. If so, click on it to see more. The more you know, the better prepared you will be to do therapy.
• You can also read the Approach page. It will explain how I treat people and the conditions they bring with them. Some Yelp reviews on this page may interest you.
• You may also want to read the About page to learn more about me and my training. The more you know about me, the better you will feel, coming in.
• If you are ready for an appointment, you can also download the “Client Intake” form. Print it out, fill it in, and bring it with you when you come for your first appointment. It will save us a lot of time, and money, if you are paying privately. Do not email this form back to me. Email is not secure.